Tuesday, July 24, 2018

More filming Photos from South Africa

Production Assistant Tash Montlake was thrilled to be involved in Doctor Who filming in the Cape Town area of South Africa. There are multiple photos on this one Instagram post.
"The cast & the crew were so sweet to me, I can’t even begin to explain. When Jodie found out I was a fan of the show she made sure I had a selfie and a proper photo with her in costume. I didn’t even ask, she absolutely insisted. I love her for that so very much. I learnt the most badass things about the Dr. Who universe. Everything from the finer details to The Doctor’s costume to playing with the brand new Sonic. This season is steeped in references from the old and still making it feel new & relevant and I cannot wait to watch it." 
Story time: Since my buddies have done a panel at SDCC I can finally share a couple photos from a set that makes me miss my job so deeply it hurts. Everyone knows how much I love a good sci-fi and being British born you could imagine how much I nearly DIED when I got invited to work on @bbcdoctorwho it was honestly, without question the most special job I have ever done. The whole experience reminded me that this is what I came to this little blue green planet for. This industry is not just a job for me, being able to make shows & movies I love has always been a crazy dream. I have to constantly remind myself that this is actually happening in real life. The cast & the crew were so sweet to me, I can’t even begin to explain. When Jodie found out I was a fan of the show she made sure I had a selfie and a proper photo with her in costume. I didn’t even ask, she absolutely insisted. I love her for that so very much. I learnt the most badass things about the Dr. Who universe. Everything from the finer details to The Doctor’s costume to playing with the brand new Sonic. This season is steeped in references from the old and still making it feel new & relevant and I cannot wait to watch it. As soon as it’s revealed, I’ll share my photo of the TARDIS, it’s such a goodie. Jodie Whittaker will forever be my doctor 😍
A post shared by tashmontlake (@tashmontlake) on

Here's what can we learn from her post:

There was some filming in Ottery, a suburb of Cape Town on January 12.

The filming at the Kimberley Hotel on January 14 involved the new sonic screwdriver.

The filming in Greenmarket square (cobblestones) on January 18 was for Scene 55 of  Episode 3, the episode which features the Montgomery, Alabama bus boycott. You can see Jodie Whittaker in the variation of the Doctor's costume with the burgundy shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment