Thursday, August 9, 2018

Another Leaked Photo of the TARDIS Interior

Earlier today, I saw  a photo on Facebook. The claim about the photo was it was of the TARDIS interior. I was skeptical because it was such a bad photo that I thought someone had photoshopped a fake TARDIS interior based on earlier leaked photos. It turns out the photo is genuine.
The photo lacked interior illumination of several of the set elements. The red glow of the "ribs" and central column was missing as was the lighting under the floor which allows some of the geometry and the Gallifreyan writing to show.

This marks the forth time there has been a significant leak of Series 11 content, whether by deliberate theft, mistaken early release or a poorly ordered website.

This reminds me or a quote from Princess Leia to Governor Tarkin Star Wars: A New Hope.
"The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers."
I'm not trying to compare BBC Studios or anyone who directs them to enforce extreme secrecy to the evil of the Empire nor depict anyone behind the leaks as virtuous. The deliberate leakers have patently broken the law and violated the trust of their employers.

I do think that the current atmosphere of extreme secrecy breeds this type of behavior, however. I've been frequently perplexed by the amount and kind of information which has not yet been released.

We do not even know the premiere date of the first episode two months before it delivers in October, according to a leak from an exclusive panel at the BBC Worldwide Showcase.

Doctor Who Magazine used to be a source of exclusive information about the series and now they are reduced to one photo exclusive in their last issue. The magazine used to be the source of knowledge of what writers and directors were hired for the upcoming series. None of the Series 11 writers (with the exception of Chris Chibnall) and only one of the directors were officially announced. The only reason we know the names of all four Series 11 directors is through diligent fan research.

None of the things I've mentioned contribute to spoilers for the episodes themselves so it's very perplexing that the fans aren't even allowed this information when they were in the past. All this secrecy is supposed to create a communal fan experience when Doctor Who premieres in the fall, but I've seen it cause fear and furtiveness among the fans.

It used to be fun to discover new things. Now the discovery of new material can be dangerous because the material itself is not alway what it seems. Fans do not always know when something that looks like an official publicity photo or images from a calendar offered for sale have been posted too soon or by accident. The increased vigilance of DMCA takedowns and the resulting consequences have led to the permanent loss of Twitter accounts. This creates much fear, bad will and resentment rather than a happy communal fan experience.

2 comments:

  1. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...It is a cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cure. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like,HIV,Epilepsy Infertility, Herpes, Hepatitis, Schizophrenia,Cancer,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic, Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr onokun is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr onokun, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr onokun with the email attach to my post. Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete