Monday, August 6, 2018

"Crazy" New Design for the TARDIS Interior

If you've been paying attention, you have seen the video of the twelfth Doctor's TARDIS being dismantled.



You've also watched the interior if the TARDIS blow up after ejecting the newly-regenerated thirteenth Doctor in Twice Upon a Time.


Despite this evidence, here is what Chris Chibnall had to say about a new TARDIS interior design at press conference at San Diego Comic Con:

"No, I didn't say that!," he said, laughing as one of his questioners stated that he mentioned that the TARDIS exploded so we will see a new one. "I said it exploded. You said we'd see a new one." Chris Chibnall then refused any more questions on the subject.

Last week, after a photo credit was published in Doctor Who Magazine, two photos depicting portions of the TARDIS interior were discovered on character and publicity stills photographer Ben Blackall's online portfolio. Those photos, along with some other character portraits and publicity stills can be found on the Facebook page for Doctor Freedom.

Just today, Doctor Who concept artist Darren Fereday tweeted this (You are only seeing the reply because the tweet was deleted. Screenshot below):


So production designer Arwel Wyn Jones had a "crazy" vision for the new TARDIS interior which I assume he designed with input from Jodie Whittaker.

As for Chris Chibnall, I think a very discerning ear is required whenever he makes statements about Doctor Who.

Update:

It seems Darren Fereday was asked to delete some tweets.
Fereday not only deleted his tweets which featured his own renditions of the sonic screwdriver but also deleted his tweet about Arwel Wyn Jones' "crazy vision" for new TARDIS interior design.

Perhaps one of the secrets is that, like one of the toy versions, the tip rotates.


Chris Chibnall said to Digital Spy:
"Secrecy is not an end in itself." 
"it's not out of a desire for secrecy, it's a desire for that moment when it goes out of people experiencing it together."
I fail to see how being secretive about the mere existence of a new TARDIS interior fits with keeping the broadcasts a communal experience when an explosion already destroyed the twelfth Doctor's console room in Twice Upon a Time so it can be presumed a new one is required.

I also fail to see how drawings of a device which has already been released as a toy version and is already in the hands of fans would also be subject to the same secrecy.

It's really a shame how restricted the creative people on the production team are in sharing their enthusiasm. Even comic and concept artist Patrick Goddard was forced to delete a tweet of a drawing he created of the thirteenth Doctor's costume the day it was revealed to the public.

4 comments:

  1. I am grateful for this blog to distribute knowledge about this significant topic. Here I found different segments and now I am going to use these new instructions with new enthusiasm.
    Mediteren amsterdam

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...It is a cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cure. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like,HIV,Epilepsy Infertility, Herpes, Hepatitis, Schizophrenia,Cancer,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic, Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way to inside plan is realizing how to bode well out of the connection between the proprietor, the home, the family and their way of life. Nicholas Merrow Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr onokun is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr onokun, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr onokun with the email attach to my post. Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete